A 100% Canadian innovator in the Quantum Communication space, founded in Ottawa in 2018, Quantropi is bound to be the standard for next-generation cybersecurity – forever unbreakable, no matter what. Our patented technology expresses quantum mechanics algorithmically to encrypt data in transit — without requiring the processing power of a quantum computer. This unique capability makes ours the first company in the world to offer true, secure transport of quantum keys over today’s Internet, allowing users to exchange quantum-encrypted data using their own existing platforms.
Quantropi is scaling up our engineering, product, and operations teams as we prepare to launch our proprietary solutions to market. We are seeking an experienced Full Stack Developer, with strong backend development experience, to join us on this revolutionary and pioneering journey.
About the Role
As a Full Stack Developer, you are comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks, and third-party libraries. You are a team player with an aptitude for visual design and utility. You understand how to build beautiful products that our end-users love to use. You will be part of a cross-functional team that is responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, and deployment
- Work across the full stack, building highly scalable solutions that enable positive user experiences
- Develop new features and infrastructure in support of rapidly emerging business requirements
- Assume leadership of new projects from conceptualization to deployment
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful application design
- Write effective APIs
- With the support our QA Lead, test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- With the support of our Documentation Lead, write technical documentation
- Work with data analysts to improve software
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or engineering
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Familiarity with common software development stacks and processes (Git, Agile, CI/CD, Cloud)
- Knowledge of micro-service development and framework (e.g. Docker, docker-compose, K8S etc)
- Knowledge of Linux development environment and bash script
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. Postgre, MongoDB) and UI/UX design
- Familiarity with software security and network security protocol
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills
- An analytical mind
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation and equity sharing plan
- Paid vacation and health spending account
- Professional development and career growth opportunities
- Hybrid work arrangements including flexible hours with an emphasis on work-life balance
- Dynamic start-up environment with direct impact to business success
- State-of-the-art infrastructure with best-in-class tools
- Modern office environment featuring digital illustrations, art murals, as well as well as an apparel line designed by Quantropi’s Creative Emissary and renowned digital artist EEPMON
- Great teammates, and a fun, engaging culture!
Quantropi is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All aspects of employment including, namely, the decision to hire or promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected under federal, provincial, or local law. Quantropi will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact us.