A 100% Canadian innovator in the Quantum Communication space, founded in Ottawa in 2018, Quantropi is bound to be the standard for next-generation cybersecurity – forever unbreakable, no matter what. Our patented technology expresses quantum mechanics algorithmically to encrypt data in transit — without requiring the processing power of a quantum computer. This unique capability makes ours the first company in the world to offer true, secure transport of quantum keys over today’s Internet, allowing users to exchange quantum-encrypted data using their own existing platforms.
Quantropi is scaling up our engineering, product, and operations teams as we prepare to launch our proprietary solutions to market. We are seeking an experienced Lead Security Engineer / Product Security Lead to join us on this revolutionary and pioneering journey.
About the Role
As our Product Security Lead, you will analyze our software designs and implementations from a security perspective to identify and resolve security issues and vulnerabilities. Your duties will include the appropriate security analysis٫ defence, and countermeasures at each phase of the software development lifecycle٫ to result in a robust, reliable, and hardened software solution.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Working directly with Product Engineering, QA, and Operations to implement security-specific standards and modifications integrated into our DevSecOps lifecycle
- Reviewing current and ongoing agile methods and tools to ensure state-of-the-market practices and procedures are being followed at Quantropi across all stages of Dev/Test/Ops
- The ongoing security design and review of Quantropi products, including Application Software, Software Development Kit (SDK), custom scripts, Operating System, etc.
- Performing Code, Script and Configuration reviews of all Software and system elements to identify technical and procedural security issues and making specific recommendations for remediation
- Working with external security audits / penetration testers to execute 3rd party analysis and review and present action items as a prioritized list to product teams
- Establishing and managing external monitoring of security threats, Day 0 patches, and security best practices, etc.
- Identifying critical sources of external threat awareness and mitigation approaches
- Establishing an ongoing review of external feeds and prioritization of Quantropi actions
- Managing the backlog of Security enhancements as part of ongoing Product development sprints
- Organizing Product Team training sessions as warranted to upskill Quantropi personnel
- Participating in an on-call rotation
- Experience working as a Security practitioner as part of a commercial software platform engineering team and implementing secure coding practices
- Strong working knowledge of Cryptographic standards, Key Management and Password Management systems
- Proven leadership skills, allowing you to develop and mentor others as well as build credibility with the Quantropi team while executing broader security strategies
- Familiarity working with senior stakeholders across the organization, both technical and non-technical, to develop roadmaps, integrate with larger company initiatives and deliver business and security value.
It would be great if you had experience in key areas (we are not expecting experience in all of the following!):
- Core technologies such as:
- Docker Containers
- Linux OS (Server)
- Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android (client)
- C, Python, NodeJS
- Public Cloud: AWS, Azure, Google, IBM
- Internet infrastructure (e.g., Routers, Firewalls, Load Balancers, etc.)
- Active Directory
- Key Management and HSM (Hardware Security Module)
- Cryptographic standards and implementations (RSA, AES, ECC, etc.)
- Working with large datasets to gather insights and validate assumptions.
- Implementation / use of log analysis tools such as Splunk, etc.
Quantropi is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All aspects of employment including, namely, the decision to hire or promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected under federal, provincial, or local law. Quantropi will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact us.