A 100% Canadian innovator in the Quantum Communication space, founded in Ottawa in 2018, Quantropi is bound to be the standard for next-generation cybersecurity – forever unbreakable, no matter what. Our patented technology expresses quantum mechanics algorithmically to encrypt data in transit — without requiring the processing power of a quantum computer. This unique capability makes ours the first company in the world to offer true, secure transport of quantum keys over today’s Internet, allowing users to exchange quantum-encrypted data using their own existing platforms.
Quantropi is scaling up our engineering, product, and operations teams as we prepare to launch our proprietary solutions to market. We are seeking an experienced
Quality Assurance (QA) Lead to join us on this revolutionary and pioneering journey.
About the Role
As our QA Lead, you will define, implement and execute a comprehensive testing capability as a part of Quantropi’s agile product delivery lifecycle.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with Product Engineering, Security, and Operations to define overall testing strategy, methodology and standards integrated into our DevSecOps lifecycle
- Maintaining relevant knowledge about new testing tools and test strategies and iterating our approach over time
- The specification of CI/CD tool chain and testing automation approaches, followed by tooling installation, configuration, and management
- The definition, preparation and execution of the testing suite to validate each release candidate against functional, quality, technical and performance objectives
- Reviewing requirements٫ specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Preparing detailed٫ comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Planning and executing testing activities٫ thoroughly identifying and documenting bugs
- Building and executing automation scripts using open source and commercial tools
- Defect tracking and reporting as part of an overall quality program
- Tracking quality assurance metrics٫ like defect densities and open defect counts
- Analyzing the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- 2+ years' experience working in a Software QA position
- Significant experience working in software development teams and using software QA methodologies and tools
- Solid experience writing clear٫ concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Significant experience with both white box and black box testing
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Good knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience in Agile/Scrum development principles and practices
- Experience with performance and/or security testing (a bonus)
- Familiarity working with senior stakeholders across the organization, both technical and non-technical, to develop a quality agenda and integrate it into standard practices to support commercial objectives and outcomes.
It would be great if you had experience in key areas (we are not expecting experience in all of the following!):
- Working with large datasets to gather insights and validate assumptions
- Core technologies such as:
- Docker Containers
- Linux OS (Server)
- Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android (client)
- C, Python, NodeJS
- Public Cloud: AWS, Azure, Google, IBM
- Internet infrastructure (e.g., Routers, Firewalls, Load Balancers, etc.)
- Active Directory
- Key Management and HSM (Hardware Security Module)
- Cryptographic standards and implementations (RSA, AES, ECC, etc.)
Quantropi is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All aspects of employment including, namely, the decision to hire or promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected under federal, provincial, or local law. Quantropi will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact us.