A 100% Canadian innovator in the Quantum Communication space, founded in Ottawa in 2018, Quantropi is bound to be the standard for next-generation cybersecurity – forever unbreakable, no matter what. Our patented technology expresses quantum mechanics algorithmically to encrypt data in transit — without requiring the processing power of a quantum computer. This unique capability makes ours the first company in the world to offer true, secure transport of quantum keys over today’s Internet, allowing users to exchange quantum-encrypted data using their own existing platforms.
Quantropi is scaling up our engineering, product, and operations teams as we prepare to launch our proprietary solutions to market. We are seeking an experienced Documentation Lead to join us on this revolutionary and pioneering journey.
About the Role
As Documentation Lead, you will be responsible for creating technical documents and manuals, explaining complex information in a clear and concise manner, and working to ensure the accuracy of document content. Overall, your objective is to improve the customer experience as it relates to the integration and operation of our products and services.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Working with Product Engineering and QA to develop product documentation, User & Developer Guides, Configuration specifications, etc. In particular:
- Developing comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards
- Obtaining a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Writing user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights into language that sets our users up for success
- Researching, outlining, writing, and editing new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements
- Independently gathering information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Developing and maintaining detailed databases of appropriate reference materials
- Evaluating current content and developing innovative approaches for improvement
- Working with Product Engineering to identify target development platforms for the QiSpace™ SDK and developing / testing / packaging coding and scripting examples for download by developers alongside Quantropi products
- Defining and developing version control and release procedures for documents
- You have proven experience writing for enterprise B2B technology and/or other complex technology. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you are adept at making sophisticated concepts understandable to readers of varying experience levels.
- You hold a College Diploma or Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field (or equivalent practical experience).
- You possess a minimum 2 years of experience working in areas such as technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing.
- You have a proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics.
- Your previous experience includes writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences.
- You demonstrate superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- You have a track record of working with engineering to improve user experience.
It would be great if you had experience in key technology areas (we are not expecting experience in all of the following!):
- Docker Containers
- Linux OS (Server)
- Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android (client)
- C, Python, NodeJS
- Public Cloud: AWS, Azure, Google, IBM
- Internet infrastructure (e.g., Routers, Firewalls, Load Balancers, etc.)
- Active Directory
- Key Management and HSM (Hardware Security Module)
- Cryptographic standards and implementations (RSA, AES, ECC, etc.)
Please submit a writing sample with your application.
Quantropi is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All aspects of employment including, namely, the decision to hire or promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected under federal, provincial, or local law. Quantropi will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact us.